FAQ - Frequent Asked Questions
1. Where can I get information about City of Markham services such as snow
removal, garbage/waste recycling, parking tickets,
and tree removal?
Go to www.markham.ca.
2. Where can I renew my driver’s licence/health card?
Click on the “Community Information” tab and do a search for Service Ontario
3. Where is the nearest passport office?
Scarborough Town Centre. Click on the “Community Information” tab and do a
passport offices to see other locations.
4. Where can I get a marriage licence?
City of Markham Clerk’s Department.
5. Where can I get information about health care and settlement services
such as English classes for newcomers?
There are two Welcome Centres in Markham. Search “Community Information” for
6. Where can I replace or renew my permanent resident card?
Contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada at 1-888-242-2100.
7. Where can I get help looking for a job?
Job Skills at 4961 Highway 7 across from Markville Mall has many resources.
8. How can I get information on subsidized housing in Markham?
Contact the Region of York Housing at 1-877-464-9675.
9. Where can I get information on home care?
Contact CCAC at 1-888-470-2222.
10. Where can independent seniors get help with in-home and community
Contact CHATS in Aurora 1-877-452-4287 which serves all of York Region.